De’Longhi acquires 40% of Coffee Machine Manufacturer Eversys SA

The De’Longhi Group has acquired 40% of Swiss-based premium professional coffee machine manufacturer, Eversys SA, with a 2-4 year plan on acquiring the remaining 60%. The deal sets the company’s sights firmly on entry into the espresso coffee machine market, with a focus on fully automatic machines. “Eversys brings a wealth of technology, a management team with proven experience in … Continue reading

Hoover Tumble Dryer Fire Destroys Home

A Hoover appliance is the latest in a string of dryer fires to happen in the UK, and reports show that the fire spread incredibly fast, destroying a family of 3’s home in an instant. Shortly after putting laundry in the Hoover tumble dryer, Rachel Matty was upstairs relaxing with her youngest son when she heard the smoke alarm, the fire … Continue reading

£700,000 Fine For Whirlpool Following Death Of Worker

Whirlpool Uk has been fined over the recent death of a self-employed contractor at the former Indesit Yate factory. The appliance manufacturer has been fined £700,000 and ordered to pay in excess of £11,000 after pleading guilty to a breach of section 3 in the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974). The man in his 60’s was working at … Continue reading

Bosch Recalling Gas Hobs Among Safety Concerns

Its been a time of uncertainty surrounding the safety of appliances lately, with several dishwasher and dryer brands/models coming under scrutiny, but unfortunately it does not seem to be an issue that is going away any time soon. Bosch are the latest appliance giant caught up in the controversy, after they issued a voluntary safety notice for two of its built-in … Continue reading

Whirlpool Dryer Restructure

Whirlpool have stated that they are to initiate plans to restructure its dryer production facilities for Europe, Middle East and African regions and also cut 500 jobs in the process. The American home appliance company has yet to confirm that this is in relation to the recent dryer fiasco, but it is widely suggested in the public eye that this would … Continue reading

Hotpoint teams up with Jamie Oliver

Home appliance firm Hotpoint has signed a multi-year partnership deal across Europe with Jamie Oliver. The collaboration will be in line with the celebrity cook’s philosophy of ‘cooking from scratch’ and will feature some of Hotpoint’s built in range, including ovens, microwaves, coffee machines and cooker hoods. Hotpoint will sponsor Jamie Oliver Cookery Schools, and partner with the Jamie Oliver … Continue reading

SAMSUNG AND LG UNVEIL VOICE-CONTROLLED REFRIGERATORS

Samsung and LG have both unveiled new ranges of smart fridge freezers which allow the users to control features using voice control. LG’s new flagship Smart InstaView refrigerator will use Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ voice service combined with a WebOS platform, which will enable users to search for recipes, play music, check the weather or even order shopping. Samsung unveiled its second-generation … Continue reading

Legal Procedures Begin in conjunction to Hotpoint and Indesit Fires

A consumer group has begun legal procedures in strengthening protection for owners of fire-prone tumble dryers. Thousands of customers with Creda, Indesit and Hotpoint Tumble Dryers are awaiting repairs / consultation a year after safety alerts were raised. Today, consumer group Which? is seeking a judical review in the handling of the cases in a hope that customers will be … Continue reading

Glen Dimplex Acquires Technika

Australian home appliance company Technika has been acquired by the Glen Dimplex Group. The deal will see the combination of Technika cooktops, built in ovens, cookers etc with the existing Glen Dimplex range. It represents the second Australian acquisition for Glen Dimplex following the purchase earlier this year of ‘Real Flame’. Technika was founded in 1998 by Craig Hucker and Mark … Continue reading

Smeg Teams Up With VIVE Cooking

Italian appliance giant Smeg have been chosen as the partners and exclusive supplier of recently opened VIVE cooking school. Located in Sydney, VIVE have been developed with food artisans and budding chefs in mind, looking to connect and engage with consumers. The kitchens will feature some of Smeg’s major appliances, including FAB 32 two-door fridge freezer as well as dishwashers and sinks. … Continue reading